Biyernes, Marso 2, 2012

Plea of a Sentimental Girl Working on the Night Shift




I wish to see the moon and the stars tonight
And not be imprisoned in this fluorescent-lit room
These artificial beams only sting my eyes
They don't help me see the light at all.

This blue chair gives no warmth
My hands are getting stiff from the cold
Feeling alone and lonely
My only friend now is myself and this keyboard.

Please help me break free from this cell
Lead me out the doors and let me see the stars
The night sky brings comfort, gives hope to my weary heart
Please, I beg you... Get me out of here!










This is not a poem. I am not a poet. Tonight is just one of those Friday nights at the office. You probably know where I'm coming from. Don't worry... I'm gonna be okay after tomorrow's shift :)


*Image is from Google

1 komento:

  1. This blue chair gives no warmth
    My hands are getting stiff from the cold
    Feeling alone and lonely
    My only friend now is myself and this keyboard.

    Playgroup Singapore

    TumugonBurahin