Huwebes, Pebrero 23, 2012

Greatest Love of All: Remembering Whitney Houston (Aug 9, 1963 - Feb 11, 2012)

   


     Having no time and effort to watch or read the news, Facebook proved useful in delivering the shocking news of Whitney Houston's sudden death. She died of unknown and undisclosed reason at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on February 11, 2012, just a day before the 54th Grammy Awards. The stage was then set to give tribute to this legendary artist with one of the great voices the world has ever known.

     When I was a little girl, during my elementary days, I remember singing Whitney's Greatest Love of All in front of the class. And I did this more than twice. Those were the days when I still could sing pretty well, I guess. It's my favorite piece at that time.

     This song empowers us, teaches us that all we need is love. It makes us see that in the face of trials, we can survive on our own, that love can really keep us alive. We just have to remember that it all starts with learning to love our self. This may not be as easy as it sounds for some people, but Nothing Is Impossible to the one who BELIEVES.

     Thinking about it now, this song would have helped Whitney in overcoming her self-destructive behavior. It may be too late for her, but for the others who are feeling lost and beaten down, there's still HOPE.

Here's the chorus of this song:


I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed, at least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all inside of me

The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
Is the greatest love of all







     Whitney, you will not be forgotten. Thank you for your songs that move and empower  today's women. 

1 komento:

  1. I completely agree with you, that "nothing is impossible"...Gone too soon, Whitney will truly be missed. Thanks for sharing this post Irene!

    XoXo,
    Jen

    TumugonBurahin